Tuesday, September 15, 2020
9:30 pm
Productive day. I needed about nine more hours in it. Participated in a virtual training meeting for Visible Equity, our loan analytics software. It is so powerful, and I only use the smallest part of its capabilities. I feel bad about that and wish I could use it to do more. I learned several tips today that I immediately implemented to present a new report at Board meeting on Thursday. I finished the agenda for Board meeting and finished preparing items for the auditors.
Spencer had a soccer game today, and his team played really well. Spencer scored a goal just before I arrived, and had an assist on another. It was fun to watch. Jared, one of their best players, got hurt in a collision with a player from the other team. He landed on his arm and hurt his wrist. Hopefully it's not serious.
Tonight I fixed the downstairs toilet that has been leaking a little, noisily turning on and off to refill. I think it's perfect now. Jessie sautéed mushrooms for her dinner tonight and shared some with me for pasta primavera, and it took my dinner to a whole new level. Oh yummy.
Thankful: I'm thankful to learn new things. The Visible Equity sessions today were worth my time and it felt good to learn new things I can apply. I recently heard someone else talking about leadership, and the speaker suggested that CEO's should spend about half their time "in the future" instead of dealing with present issues. That really stuck with me.
Side note – one of our Hispanic members called today and insisted that he had to talk to me; no one else could help him. I was in a meeting when he called, and my staff was unsuccessful in persuading him to even tell them what it was about. When I freed up and gave him a call, he told me he needed a $2,000 personal loan. I had to chuckle about that. The whirlwind of the present will always try to pull you away from bigger issues.
Ministering: I texted Erik Watkins to ask about his schooling today. He scaled back his enrollment this semester, but is slowly making progress. I hope to use him as an "accountability partner" with the Self-Reliance classes that start tomorrow, hoping it will help him as much as it will me.
More later...
The lawn of 40 stripes

No comments:
Post a Comment