Monday, May 10, 2021
9:26 pm
Last week, David and Eliza, two of my part-time employees, both graduated from UVU. Today they started full-time at the credit union. To make room for them I moved my office downstairs to our conference room today. I expect to be there for about the next nine months until our Springville office is done, although I might move upstairs if we do some remodeling and make room for another workstation.
I had a great talk with Mark this afternoon. He's learning so much. It's terrific. Jessie was home this afternoon and helped make Pasta e Fagioli for dinner. It was amazing. FHE tonight was a little late but well done. Kids in bed. Nathaniel seems to be coming down with a cold, and Hazel got shots today so she is not a happy camper. Camilla and Neil also had visits; Camilla got her kindergarten shots and was so brave – not even a whimper, although she asked for a hot pack for her arm while she falls asleep.
Thankful: I'm thankful I am getting more organized at work. As I've been looking over my responsibilities, I remember some counsel Elder Gong gave when we visited with him a couple weeks ago. Basically it was to remember the miracle of the loaves and the fishes. Bring everything I have to God and it will be enough. I think I can be more effective by intentionally improving my focus on different areas. Of course I will never be done in any area. But rather than letting that overwhelm my efforts in another area, I can choose to work one something for a specific amount of time, then end that and move on to the next. I want to try this.
Ministering: I received an email this morning from a ward member asking for counsel regarding a matter that is a struggle. Responding to that email is next on my list.
More later…
The view of my new desk. I've upgraded from two monitors to three! 😎

No comments:
Post a Comment