Friday, May 21, 2021

"Pop" goes the door

Dear Family,
If I hurry I can help mom clean the kitchen, eat some ice cream, and be in bed before 11:00 pm. Wish me luck!
Mark, your headphones should arrive in the mail any day. Your tax refund hit your account this week and you have a certificate maturing soon. I can give you more details on Monday.
Much love to all!
Dad

Friday, May 21, 2021
10:07 pm

I was surprised by how well received the Priest quorum activity was on Wednesday. Sam Larsen wanted to do a sewing activity. We figured making white handkerchiefs was pretty simple. It still ended up taking a long time, but the boys were quite engaged. I was pleased by that. I also did a temple recommend interview for Bro. Trevenen.

Also Monday I had Association Board meeting and our CU Board meeting. Suzanne attended for the first time as EVP and reported on a couple aspects. I'll have her attend most meetings going forward. Attending and presenting in Board meeting was an important part of my professional development. I also had lunch with the other Utah County CEO's. We went to India Palace. Not bad, but it just doesn't compare to the Bombay House. Nathaniel got my leftovers.

Yesterday I felt like I was able to organize my day a little more effectively. Working in the basement is a different experience. I am isolated from the "energy" of the regular lobby activity, but I'm also much farther from interruptions and distractions. It takes a different approach to the day to figure out how to organize my efforts and stay engaged. It's a work in progress, but it's good. In the evening I went to a marching band meeting with Spencer. I really like his band director; he has an obvious interest in the kids. He focuses on character development, service, and becoming the best people they can.

Today I spent a fair amount of time developing a training plan to help David and Eliza begin transitioning into their new role. I also worked on reinventing our approach to how we think about our account relationships. I think I'm on to something that will help us serve members in a different but better way. It's still in its early stages, but I think it's going to be good.

Tonight Dennis Miller joined us for dinner. It was nice to visit with him. He helped me work again on our bedroom door that "pops" when it is opened. We thought we fixed it… but we might have celebrated too early.

I think I hear some ice cream downstairs calling for me.

Thankful: I'm thankful for the Holy Ghost. He inspires, teaches, softens and restrains. I need all of those blessings.

Ministering: It was nice to spend time with Bro. Miller. I also felt like I ministered to some of my employees as I work hard to develop training opportunities for them.

More later…

Good quote this week.


Today we wore our new t-shirts at work. They're popular!


No comments:

Post a Comment