Tuesday, May 11, 2021
9:41 pm
Good day. First full day working from the basement. I'm getting better organized to use my time well. Need a couple more days to get there. Started the day at the optometrist. One eye got a little worse, the other got a little better. Dr. Hawkins said that doesn't happen often, he's not convinced the new glasses I got are going to work. We'll see.
Tonight I had several Bishop visits. They all went well. In each case, I felt like I received an idea or prompting of what to say or ask, and I tried very hard to act on that prompting promptly. (Now there's a phrase that should come from General Conference! Follow promptings promptly! 😊)
Bro. Pike suggested calling a couple to a Sunday School calling. My first reaction was that they are dealing with so many struggles now that a calling was not a good idea. But I couldn't stop thinking about the suggestion, so Ied them in to discuss whether a calling now would be appropriate. I didn't get much past the suggestion when they accepted, saying that a Sunday School calling is their favorite.
I visited with another young couple that isn't active, but have testimony of the gospel. I asked him about his missionary service, and he spoke very positively of it. Another person responded positively to counsel regarding what they need to do to renew their temple recommend. It was a good night.
Sleep last night was hard to come by due to Nathaniel not feeling well and Hazel having receiving immunizations. Julie the saint finally took both of the babies downstairs to sleep. I think we al slept better that way. Mom the saint came in the morning and took the middle kids to school so Julie could sleep a little more. I think we're all going to make it.
Thankful and Ministering: See above.
Bedtime snack, then going to bed. More later…
Trying on new glasses. I (think) I ended up with the one in the big photo.

No comments:
Post a Comment