Sunday, May 30, 2021
11:05 pm
Woah, a whole week between journal entries. My nighttime routine has been disrupted. Here's a quick recap of the week.
On my way home from work one day early last week I saw a young man on an electric scooter crash face-first. I pulled over and he was unconscious. I called 911 and waited until medical personnel arrived to help. He came to before they arrived, but had a nasty cut on his forehead and was a bit out of it still. Not sure how he ended up doing, but it looked rough.
Thursday morning I went to Neil's school and participated in the "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" contest. They did a series of three Kahoot quizzes. I took first place all three rounds. That was kind of fun.
On Friday we joined the Albertson's for dinner to celebrate the last day of school. Burgers were delicious and we played Pit. I didn't win a single round, but we all had fun.
Yesterday I spent a couple hours helping Mike move some stuff out of his storage unit back to his condo. It was damaged a year or so ago from a backed-up sewer line. Sadly, the home is filling again with stuff and is pretty dirty. I feel bad for him.
Today was a full day at Church. I taught a combined second-hour meeting with all the young women and young men. We talked about accomplishing all things through Christ, and finding out from the Lord what He wants us to accomplish. It didn't feel as engaged as I hoped it would. It's tough to connect with the youth. I also conducted some interviews that I think were meaningful. I can testify of the guidance that comes to bishops, and am grateful for that. I could not fulfill this calling without that constant help.
Tomorrow is Memorial Day. Covid has cancelled this year's program in the cemetery again, but I'd like to find a way to honor the day with my kids. Also hope to play some games and do more than fold laundry and do chores. Looking forward to talking to Mark and enjoying a BBQ with dad and mom.
More later…


No comments:
Post a Comment