Tuesday, May 18, 2021
10:55 pm
Much more productive day today. Focusing on projects in the morning seems like a much better idea. The Task list is still overflowing, but I got the important stuff done.
I left work a little early today and tried to adjust our bedroom door so it will quit "popping" when it is opened. More than once that has woken Nathaniel up early. I took the door off, planed and sanded it, oiled the hinges… and I think it may be worse, not better. Back to the drawing board.
Tonight was nice. Reid and I didn't have any appointments set; we just walked through the neighborhood. It worked great. We visited with Sis. Bolschweiller. She is sad her recovery from knee surgery is very slow, and she decided to retire from her job at BYU. She loves being in charge of a building and working with her student crew. Then we visited for 15 minutes or so with Jodi Hoerter. I've been in the ward nine years and that was the first time I met her. Very pleasant visit. She especially thanked me when I expressed our desire to meet them where they are and be supportive, not pushy. The Lord has an eternal perspective; we don't need to insist that things happen on our timeline. Then saw the Obers and had a nice visit with them. They thanked us for the work we are doing, saying that they knew this is the right time for us to serve, bringing our unique strengths and perspective. It was really nice to hear that.
Scripture insight from my drive to work this morning: Alma 33:16. God is not angry with us because of our sins (at least when we are contrite). He is angry with us when we will not understand the mercies God bestows upon us through the mercy of his Son, Jesus Christ.
Ministering and thankful: See above.
More later…
Working on the door...

No comments:
Post a Comment