Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Another scripture to memorize

Dear Jessie,
It was nice to visit with you today.  Sorry I had to step away a couple times.  Next week I am going to take a late lunch so I am not at my desk and can concentrate on our conversation.
Your taxes are finished.  Your total refunds are a little over $700.  :)
I hope your week is great!
Love,
Dad

Wednesday, July 15, 2020
10:06 pm

I spent much of the day working on marketing plans and I think I came up with a couple good ideas to boost loans.  It's nice when I come up with ideas that I think will help other people.

At lunch I read scriptures and found the next verse I am going to memorize – Alma 33:11.  "And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son."  To help myself memorize, I handwrite the verse a couple times, and today I drew myself a series of pictures:


With a little work, it helps.

I enjoyed visiting with Jessie briefly this afternoon.  I had a few interruptions at work during the conversation, so I had to mute it a couple times, but it was still nice to see her for a bit.  Jennie joined us for dinner tonight then played games with the kids before leaving with Spencer to play tennis.  They all had fun being with her.  She is a very kind aunt and they all love being with her.

I finished filing Jessie's taxes this evening then put another coat of plaster on the ceiling where I put my foot through.  And now it's bedtime.

Thankful: I am so thankful that we have our home.  Reyna has been looking at houses, and the least expensive homes on the market today cost what we paid for our home eight years ago.  Incredible.

Ministering: I think my family was ministered to today by Jennie.  She is so kind to our kids.

More later…

Our strawberry field is doing quite nicely!


The ceiling repair is looking pretty good.  Not perfect, but good.


No comments:

Post a Comment