Thursday, July 30, 2020

One project on hold

Dear Jessie,
Bedtime!  I hope you have a great day tomorrow and know how much you are loved by everyone at home.
Love,
Dad

Thursday, July 30, 2020
9:52 pm

Early start today.  Kimberly Parkin came over at 6:30 am because her sister was attending another ward's YW camp and Laura needed to go to work.  I folded two more loads of laundry this morning before work.

I met with the folks that are going to provide our IT support.  I feel good about what I hope to accomplish with them.  Also did some work on Self-Reliance.

Today Julie and the kids went to the Salt Lake valley to go on a hike Julie found.  They had a great time.  They got home late tonight.  While they were gone I decided to be helpful and replace the bathtub drain as Julie asked.  I know how to do it, but unfortunately the old drain is so old that it corroded and the crosspieces that you are supposed to be able to use to remove the old stopper tore right out.  There is another tool that will take that out, but after going to THREE stores, I determined that they don't exist in Utah Valley.  I'll have to order it from Amazon and wait for it to come.  What was supposed to be a thirty minute success turned in to a two-and-a-half hour exercise in disappointment.  Humph.

Thankful: In spite of the plumbing frustration, the problem really isn't that bad (I hope).  I'm thankful that the bathtub still works and I just need to wait for an ordered part to show up.

Ministering: I tried to do ministering through my calling today by working on the Self-Reliance program.

More later…

Here is the piece that broke out of the drain stopper.


No comments:

Post a Comment