Thursday, March 11, 2021

Confidence

  Dear family,
I sure love you all and am grateful that we get to spend our lives and eternity together.  Have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Love,
Dad

Thursday, March 11, 2021
9:16 pm

First day back at work.  Plowed through lots of emails, somehow ended up in some front-office types of work.  Watched a webinar presentation on confidence.  It wasn't bad.  One thing the speaker said that I thought was good was that we need to treat our confidence as we would our house – it's a valuable asset that we protect from vandals.  And the "vandals" that damage our confidence are things like comparing ourselves to others, speaking badly of ourselves in our own minds, and unnecessarily delaying decisions that we need to make.  She referred to a couple studies that suggest that generally the best time to make a decision is when you have 40%-70% of the information.  Earlier than that and you're just guessing; later and you've probably missed opportunities when you knew enough to make a good-enough decision and adjust on the fly.  Interesting ideas.

Tonight Spencer played his bagpipes and was thrilled.  They are quite loud.  It was especially humorous when he played on the back deck and the neighborhood dogs joined in with their barking.

Ministering: I checked on the Chun's to see how Andilynn is doing.  I wished Steve Miner a happy birthday.  I came home mid-morning so Julie could check with the academic counselor with Abbie to make sure she is on track for graduation.  I stayed with the three youngest and played kitchen while she was gone.

Thankful: I'm thankful for children that aspire to be their best, and that help each other.  Last night Abbie was up until somewhere around 1:30 am finishing a video project for her ASL class.  Spencer was right there with her helping with the video editing, one of his strengths.  That was so kind of him to share his talent with her.  I'm also especially thankful that Hazel ate better today from Julie.  Several great things to be thankful for.

More later…

All dressed up and ready to pipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment