Monday, March 8, 2021
10:15 pm
Sunday morning Nathaniel woke up at 5:30 I was getting out of the shower and Julie was feeding Hazel. He never went back to sleep. I ended up missing bishopric meeting and joining Ward Council by Zoom. Not 100% effective, but it was the best I could do in the circumstances.
Yesterday we visited with three families in our home. The Swenson's came by to hold Hazel. I hope that was helpful for them as they continue to grieve the death of their daughter Mia. Later in the afternoon Laura Parkin came over with her daughters to share some homemade rolls. They were here as we were preparing to partake of the sacrament, so we invited them to stay with us. Then after dinner we invited our neighbors the Bates to come share a cupcake with us. We had a nice visit with them, until they had to leave suddenly because they got a text that their autistic son had cut his head. (He ended up needing three staples, but nothing that will cause lasting damage.) I hope we were able to minister to these friends because that's about all the worshipping that we did. Yesterday didn't feel terribly organized or worshipful. Lack of sleep probably played a part of that.
Today Julie slept until after 10, which is a great thing. Hazel needed her bilirubin checked again. She's still in the low/moderate category and needs to get it checked again in a day or two. Fortunately it's not a high risk issue.
This afternoon I went grocery shopping with Bro. Crandall, Berkley Clements and Ian Swenson to get food for the Sister missionaries. We can't have them over for in-person meals, so this is the preferred way to feed the missionaries now. I planned a good menu for them and hope they enjoy it.
I missed most of FHE tonight because Nathaniel was exhausted and ready for bed.
Ministering: I hope my efforts yesterday and today will make a difference for others.
Thankful: I am thankful that Hazel is healthy. She's still sleeping almost all the time and is getting a little better at eating.
More later…
Back from grocery shopping for the missionaries. It was a beautiful day today.

No comments:
Post a Comment