Tuesday, March 30, 2021
9:31 pm
Yesterday, Scott and I went to lunch with Mike Christensen. He wanted to go to Ruth's Chris for fancy steaks, but we decided that was too expensive. Instead we went to Outback. My salmon was quite good, and Mike loved his ribeye steak. We enjoyed visiting together. It was one of our more pleasant times together. We have decided to celebrate our birthdays each year by going out to lunch once. That works well since our birthdays are in February, March, and April. This year was Mike's turn to pay; next year will be Scott's; then mine. Mike's big plan is to go to Ruth's Chris the year we turn 50.
Today we interviewed two people for PT teller positions. One of the interviews went quite well; we will extend an offer to him tomorrow. The other interview wasn't bad, but it didn't "wow" us either. Maybe I'm showing my generational bias, but I think you shouldn't show up for a job interview in jeans and a sweatshirt.
Funny story – I got dressed this morning and was hurrying to try to get out of here on time (fail). As I got to work I realized that I forgot my tie. At first I thought I'd just skip a tie today, until I realized that we were doing job interviews. So I went to the mall during my lunch and picked out two new ties. Turns out I was overdressed for at least one of the interviews!
Today I thought about the COVID vaccines that are now available. I did some checking online and found that nearly every provider is booked out for months before they have available appointments. By chance I found one appointment tomorrow at 1:00 pm at a pharmacy a mile from my office that is administering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which is the one-shot version I was hoping for. So, I jumped on it. By this time tomorrow I will have been vaccinated, and in two week's I'll be "protected." I guess someone cancelled their appointment. I'm looking forward to receiving the vaccine, and hope any side effects are mild.
Ministering: Tonight I met with several ward members for interviews. Some got callings, others were to follow up on prior counseling sessions.
Thankful: I'm grateful for an excellent talk I read this morning from Elder Bednar on the enabling power of the atonement. It was very uplifting.
More later…
Yesterday's lunch selfie


No comments:
Post a Comment