Friday, April 2, 2021

Prom, Deacons, and new employees

Dear family,
The weather today was wonderful.  I'm glad I was able to get out and do a little yard work in the evening after work.  I love you all!
Love,
Dad

Friday, April 2, 2021
10:19 pm

It's been a couple fast days.  Wednesday I woke up not feeling great – tummy issues and kind of achy.  Abbie got Spencer to seminary and I went back to sleep until 10:00 am.  I checked with the pharmacist and he said as long as I didn't have any specific COVID symptoms I could still get the vaccine.  I worked in the afternoon, but wasn't feeling awesome.  I went to bed early Wednesday night and didn't get up terribly early on Thursday.

Yesterday was a full day at work, then we watched Abbie's orchestra concert via livestream.  Sadly, she jammed a finger at school while playing ultimate Frisbee with friends at lunch.  She didn't break it, but bruised it pretty badly. It's in a splint now. Also on Thursday Abbie was asked to prom. So exciting!

Today was busy.  Suzanne and I interviewed three people for part-time teller positions and extended two offers which were accepted.  I got a preliminary estimate of our income for the month… it looks very good.  Too good in fact.  I need to check the numbers in greater detail on Monday to make sure something didn't get missed.

In the middle of the day I joined Neil at his school for the fifth grade maturation program.  Always an adventure.  The kids handled it well; no silliness.  (Of course, each boy was sitting next to his dad or another adult, so I'm not sure they dared be silly.)

Tonight we started our annual "turn off the lights for Easter" event.  Julie thought of this several years ago, and we really like it.  We turn off the lights on Good Friday and (mostly) leave them off until Resurrection Sunday.  It helps us remember Jesus, the Light of the World, in a different way.

Thankful: I'm really thankful to be feeling better.  Good health is such a wonderful blessing.  And the fact that we have ten children and almost no health problems is truly miraculous.

Ministering: The Deacons have really struggled to pass the sacrament in a way that didn't feel a little chaotic.  They have been doing their best to do it just right, but it's been challenging.  Two weeks ago we had the Deacons all sit on the stand and watch as the more experienced Teachers and Priests took care of passing.  Berkley Clements (my 2nd Assistant) also reviewed the process with them again.  It made a big difference.  Last week was much better.  Yesterday I mailed a quick note to each of the Deacons who passed the sacrament last Sunday to let them know that I noticed and to thank them.

More later…

Abbie's Prom invite showed up after bedtime,which means everyone had to come downstairs to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment