Thursday, April 22, 2021
9:20 pm
I saw a scary headline recently. A study finds that middle-aged adults who get 6 hours or less of sleep per night have a 30% increased risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. Great. That's just wonderful news. So in a demonstration of true maturity, I didn't read the article. 🤣
I had several meetings today and spent a lot of time working on marketing. I think I used my day pretty well, but feel like I need to get better at focusing more of my time developing my employees. I've got several new employees. Since hiring them I feel like I have been sequestered in my office doing important things, but not helping them learn and become better. I'm also getting ready to promote two other employees when they graduate from UVU next month. I need to spend time helping them develop.
I went to Costco after work to put gas in Bertha and get a couple things. While there I saw that they carry the Mac Book Air, and Jessie needs one to be able to do her graphic design work. So… I went to Costco to buy gas and a container of yogurt and walked away with a new computer. It seems like it is working great, which is wonderful. Jessie is working as an independent contractor and needs a computer that doesn't crash every time she tries to edit a graphic design file. I'm glad she was able to get a machine that will work for her.
Thankful: I feel so grateful that I have the resources to provide for my children's needs. When Jessie needs a new computer but doesn't have the cashflow to handle that expense immediately, I can help. That just makes me feel very grateful.
Ministering: Doug Huntsman is the CEO of Utah Federal Credit Union. We use the same computer system. He asked me the other day if I could help him build a query to extract some data he needed. This morning we spent about 45 minutes on a Zoom call and I showed him how to use the tools I am familiar with to accomplish what he needed. I suspect there are better ways to do what we did, but my way is effective. It felt good to spend some time helping someone else. Suzanne joined the call so she could learn it too.
More later…
Hard at work on Abbie's dress last week.

No comments:
Post a Comment