Sunday, April 4, 2021

Twenty new temples

Dear family,
It was wonderful to spend this weekend with you.  Mark, I enjoyed our brief visit tonight and look forward to visiting again tomorrow.
Love to all,
Dad

Sunday, April 4, 2021
9:35 pm

Happy Easter!  This has been a very pleasant weekend.  General Conference was wonderful.  We ate good food.  We enjoyed visits with family and friends.  I feel challenged, humbled, and meekly optimistic that with the Lord's help, I can do the things God wants me to do.  Pres. Nelson talked about removing the debris from our lives as we become more like the Savior.  Elder Cook talked about and to Bishops; I've listened to the talk once and need to study it several more times.

A highlight from yesterday was having the Young family over for dinner after the second session of Conference.  Cheyenne is Abbie's age and they are good friends.  They have younger children who line up very well with the ages of our younger kids.  Next school year we will be moving the kids back to Sage Creek Elementary, which is the school we are supposed to attend.  They have been nervous about making this change since they've been at Maple Ridge for so long and don't know anyone in Sage Creek.  It took almost no time for friendships to be made; hopefully this will help ease that transition.  They stayed for several hours and we enjoyed it very much.

Today was delightful.  Julie had several activities planned for the different sessions and talks.  My favorite was bringing my extensive tie collection downstairs and trying to find ties that we thought matched the tie of the speaker.  It was a lot of fun.  Dad, Mom and Randy joined us for the morning session.  It was probably more chaotic than they are used to watching Conference from home.  They came back for dinner after the last session, and David, Lisa and their children joined us too.  Dinner was terrific.  I tried adding a few pinches of fennel seed to the roast, and it certainly didn't hurt anything!

We finished the day with an Easter egg hunt.  The eggs were paper eggs with scriptures written on them, not plastic eggs filled with candy.  The scriptures took us through the Easter story and was a tender and appropriate way to end the day.

Ministering: I hope I was able to minister to my family today and this weekend.  I tried to focus on the needs of my family and be present for them.

Thankful: I am so thankful for prophets, for Jesus Christ, and for my testimony.  I (partly) recognize how very far I am from where I want to be, and I rely on the grace of Jesus Christ to sustain me.  And I am amazed by the fact that Pres. Nelson announced twenty new temples in the concluding session of Conference.  It is inspiring to see the Lord hastening His work, and I pray that I will magnify the role He has given me as a husband, father, and Bishop.

More later…

Someone found her thumb


Five ties!


(Sort of) matching ties!


No comments:

Post a Comment