Sunday, April 18, 2021
11:03 pm
Bread is in the oven. Journal entry while it finishes. Today was full and good. Started early with a screaming Nathaniel who refused to be comforted. Or reasonable. Finally ended up in bed with us. Julie and kids made it to Church at noon with the 10th ward. Bishop Reed said they were welcome, so we took him up on that.
I had several meaningful interviews today, including my monthly visit with Pres. Brinkerhoff. I sure love him and look forward to my interviews with him.
I was directed by the Spirit this week. While reading Elder Renlund's talk, I followed footnotes. Ended up in Hebrews 4:16 and Isaiah 41:10 speaking about the hope and confidence with which we can approach the throne of God when we need his grace. Those scriptures really impressed me and I tagged them to make them easy to find again. Today while visiting with someone I used them to encourage and reassure of God's love. The person with whom I was visiting commented that my counsel and these scriptures sounded very merciful. I teared up as I assured them that the Jesus I know is full of mercy and anxious to forgive. I think sometimes we forget that.
Tonight Reid Heiss (my 1st counselor) joined us for dinner. He held Hazel, ate "scary vegetables," and interacted with each of the kids. I think they all enjoyed having him with us and asked if we can invite him back again. His wife passed away a couple years ago and he has only one daughter living close that he can visit with. I think we are going to issue a standing invitation (or expectation) for Sunday dinner each week that we aren't with dad and mom.
Thankful: I am so grateful for God's mercy, his forgiveness, and his grace. I am not worthy of it, but none of us is and yet he offers it. I desire more than anything to know and follow my Savior, and lead my family and others to him.
Ministering: Sunday's feel easy to minister. See above.
More later…
I took some photos today, but none have uploaded yet to my sharing site. So here is another from our trip to Thanksgiving Point last week.

No comments:
Post a Comment