Sunday, August 9, 2020

Family photo day

Hi Jessie,
This afternoon we took family photos. There were some real gems!  I'll let mom curate and send you some of the best.  I hope you had a great sabbath today and look forward to visiting later this week!
Love,
Dad

Sunday, August 9, 2020
10:05 pm

It was a good day today.  I started with High Council meeting.  Matt Williams was released from the High Council today and called as the new Bishop of the 2nd ward.  He was called to the High Council after I was, and almost immediately everything was messed up by COVID so we never had much of a chance to work together.  I feel a little cheated by that.  He has a great spirit about him and I would like to get to know him better and work with him.

I attended sacrament meeting with the Fourth ward today.  It was nice.  Talks were on remaining centered in Christ.  One of the ideas that will help us do that included choosing good friends.  I am grateful that I am able to surround myself with good people.  I count my children among my friends, and am grateful that they also choose to surround themselves with good people.

We had the sacrament at home today, then I went to a Self-Reliance Committee meeting.  We are really trying to figure out how to make this program a blessing to the members of our Stake.  I really appreciated the perspectives and ideas shared by the other members of the committee.  They are good Christlike people.

Before dinner we went to BYU to find a grassy, shady place to take family pictures before Mark leaves for Texas on Wednesday.  It took about 90 minutes, but I think we were able to get at least one good group photo as well as individual shots of each of the kids.

Looking at the calendar, my week is really filling up fast.  I'd better get to sleep soon so I can be ready to go tomorrow morning.

Thankful: I'm thankful for fasting.  My fast today felt good.
Ministering: I sent an email to Bishop Williams thanking him for his service and expressing my confidence in him.

Spencer was totally exhausted when we were done with our photos!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment