Friday, August 28, 2020

Tofu for lunch

Dear Jessie and Mark,
We brought lunch in for my staff today because tomorrow is Stacy's birthday.  I decided I'm not a huge fan of udon noodles with tofu.  I think next time I'll try pad thai.
I love you both and hope you have a great day!
Love,
Dad

Friday, August 28, 2020
9:08 pm

I didn't fall asleep while reading scriptures to the kids.  That was an accomplishment.  Tomorrow is Stacy's birthday so I made banana muffins today to take to work to celebrate.  They were amazingly good.  I love sharing good food.  I spent about a half hour this morning working with someone from another credit union teaching her how we use an Excel workbook to comply with Utah's abandoned property laws.  It's quite a process we've built, and she was impressed.  I shared with her all the resources we created and hope it is helpful.

I also reviewed some furniture options for our new branch with someone from a company that does office furniture.  The architect has great taste in design, but he likes expensive stuff.  I had to scale back the budget for our furniture, explaining that I am not spending my own money from a company I own.  The money I'm spending belongs to my members; I am just a steward.  I think she understood that and can help get us furniture that is more appropriate to our needs.

Tonight I fed Nathaniel cereal and helped Abbie with some physics homework.  I haven't done physics since I was a Junior in high school.  We're having to learn it together.  Read scriptures and Wild Robot Escapes to the kids.  Now I'm going to put PJ's on and go to sleep.  I'm exhausted.

Thankful: I'm thankful that yesterday's blood drive was successful.  We got 42 units of blood, one short of the goal to collect 43.  That's eight more than we got last time.  I feel good about that.

Ministering: I ministered today to my credit union colleague.

More later…

Lunch


No comments:

Post a Comment