Sunday, August 30, 2020
9:39 pm
It was a nice Sunday. I woke up early, but so did Nathaniel. The nice thing about online meetings is that I could feed Nathaniel breakfast while participating in Ward Council with the 4th Ward. They have good people who are trying to be like Jesus. I love working with them. After their meeting I put the roast in the Crock Pot and then attended their 9 am Sacrament meeting.
Our Self-Reliance meeting is coming up in just under 2 weeks, and it feels like things are starting to come together for that. I am hopeful this will go well and make a difference for people.
Pres. Tangren's family is quarantining because two members of the family have tested positive for COVID. We decorated a "Get Well Soon" banner and took it to them with a loaf of fresh bread and tomatoes from the garden. I just left it on the porch, rang the bell, and left. Bummer.
After the sacrament at home this afternoon I fell asleep sitting up on the couch. I took Nathaniel upstairs to be his nap buddy, but only one of us fell asleep. I slept a little over two hours. I dislike sleeping that long on a Sunday, but I was so exhausted.
Tonight we went to dad and mom's for a Grandpa Fry memory evening. He passed away one year ago tomorrow. I am glad we made so many trips to Bremerton to visit him and that we made so many good memories. I also can't believe it's been a year since we went for his funeral. We enjoyed pie and ice cream and sitting in the back yard to visit. The temps tonight were delightful.
Thankful: I'm grateful for naps and the enjoyable time we had in the back yard at dad and mom's.
Ministering: It was nice to take something to the Tangren's today.

No comments:
Post a Comment