Saturday, January 2, 2021

Christmas lights are down

Dear family,
It was a great day today.  I'm so glad I got to spend it with some of you, and thought of those that I didn't see.
Love,
Dad


Saturday, January 2, 2021
9:41 pm

We got a lot done today.  All the Christmas decorations are put away.  While I was taking the lights off the house I noticed that a limb from the cherry tree had grown over the house.  Some of the branches were rubbing on the shingles, and part of the limb was beginning to damage the gutters.  With the help of the kids to steady the ladder and support the branches, I cut three large-ish limbs off to keep them away from the house.  The longest part of that project was cutting the branches and twigs off the limbs to get them in the garbage can.

On a somewhat sorrowful note, our artificial Christmas tree was thrown away this year.  We got it from Dad and Mom 15 years ago (or more?) after they no longer wanted it.  I remember setting that tree up for the first time when I was still in high school.  It was close to 30 years old.  Sadly, it had finally lost enough needles that it was time to retire it for good.  I wonder if we'll get 30 years out of our next tree?  Somehow, I doubt it…

We watched Narnia today.  That's a fun movie.  We made homemade pizza for dinner, and it was really good.

Bishopric meeting starts at 6:00 am tomorrow, so I mean it when I say I'm heading to bed.

Thankful: This morning the kids were all so cheerful and helpful.  Isaac made muffins almost entirely by himself.  What an amazing kid.  He cheerfully helped unload the dishwasher without being asked.  Everyone else was good too.  It was such a nice way to start the day.

Ministering: I visited with the Trevenen's and Dianna Abramowski as I was working outside.  The weather today was really pleasant, and it was nice to see people.

More later…

Isaac's muffins are ready to go in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment