Wednesday, January 27, 2021
9:31 pm
Today I joined Board meeting for the Utah Credit Union Association by Zoom. Zoom meetings can get tedious and I miss seeing people in person. But avoiding 2 hours of driving for a 90 minute meeting is just fine with me! Today we discussed the retirement of three of the individuals serving on the Board. As I looked over the remaining Board members, I realized with surprise that I have now been on the Board for ten years and am one of the "senior" members now. I think there are only three Board members who have been on the Board longer than I have, and that will be down to two in April. I can't believe I've been in this industry for twenty-five years. Where does the time go??
I think I am making really good progress on our future staffing structure that will help the credit union serve our members, and will also help my employees develop. This is version 4.0. Each version has had a different focus. I'm going to let this one simmer for several more days before I make any decisions or public pronouncements.
Tonight Calvin Crandall and I visited most of the Priests in the ward to drop off an invitation to join an activity next Wednesday. We are doing a virtual game night – Pictionary, I hope – so we took a bag of microwave popcorn and a flier with the web address/QR code for them to join. I sure love and appreciate him; he's a great man and will be a blessing to the youth in our ward.
It was interesting driving around the ward with him. Even though he's been in the ward longer than I've been alive, I had to give directions and let him know who lives where. For most of the last two decades, and the entire time we've lived in the ward, he has had callings at the Stake level or in UVU stakes. I'm glad Pres. Brinkerhoff agreed to release him from the High Council and let him engage with our young men.
One other item – last week in Bishopric meeting we discussed how we will carry out YM activities. We decided to stick with virtual meetings twice each month. Bro. Heiss sent out an email to all YM advisers with this info. The email arrived in my inbox; as I read it I realized that although it was exactly what we had discussed in our meeting, it was wrong. It was not the Lord's will for our ward. So I touched base with Bro. Heiss and then sent a follow up email to everyone explaining my experience and giving what I feel is the Lord's direction for us. It was a sweet experience. There was no rebuke, just a gentle correction and improved direction. I love it when I can act with confidence.
Thankful: Pretty much everything listed above.
Ministering: The visits Bro. Crandall and I made tonight were good, especially to the Puckett's. Richard insisted that we come in for a few minutes and visit. People need to be acknowledged and valued. That is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ does for people.
More later…
No comments:
Post a Comment