Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I love to see the temple

Dear family,
Love Dad

Wednesday, January 13, 2021
11:15 pm

So tired. Need to go to bed. 

Yesterday I got to attend the temple for the first time in nearly a year.  Emma Osborn received her endowment before beginning her mission. They could invite 16 people, and her grandparents couldn't make it so I got to attend.  It was nice to be there, but I felt a little sad.  Pre-COVID I attended the temple every week.  It felt like "home."  Going yesterday didn't feel like visiting my Father's house; it felt more like being a visitor in a castle.  We were escorted everywhere as a group.  I totally understand why, was happy to comply with whatever was asked of me, and was grateful to be back.  But part of me felt sad nonetheless.  Fortunately, these restrictions won't last forever.  I look forward to the day I can go there as a member of the family again.

Last couple of days at work I have spent time visiting with employees to understand their ambitions, interests, skills, etc.  I realized that I don't want to clone the Provo office when we open Springville. I've got more questions than answers at this point.  Still working on possible designs.

Had virtual YM tonight.  I was really happy that Braxton Johnson (Strasburg) joined.  His family isn't very active, so the fact that he knew when we were meeting and had the link to log on makes me super happy.  We did a get-to-know-you activity that I think went pretty well.  We had about 8-10 young men on the call and 4-5 leaders (Trevor Cluff had to drop off a little early).  Overall I was pleased.

Here is what a selfie at the temple looks like in the COVID-era.


No comments:

Post a Comment