Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Getting my feet under me

Dear family,
I'm getting to bed closer to on time tonight!  I spent a fair amount of time today trying to get things organized for Bishopric stuff.
Mark, I haven't forgotten your request for a photo of me as a missionary.  I'll get that to you soon!  I've also been thinking about you today as you get your new companion and begin training.  Please know that we are praying for both of you.
Off to bed.  Love to all!
Dad

Wednesday, October 28, 2020
10:37 pm

Dad Woodward is here visiting, and all the big people are in talking to him and playing instruments instead of sleeping.  Silly people! 😊  I've been in the living room working on Bishop stuff, trying to get things organized.  Tithing settlement needs to start right away, we have two YW class presidencies to set apart, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize ourselves.  We will get there!

This morning wasn't terribly effective at work, but the afternoon got much better.  After the crush of two audits and the strategic planning meeting, it feels really weird to have all those things done.

I sent an email to 25 people today asking for feedback on how I can become a better leader.  It's the first assignment from a business coach I'm working with for the next 90 days.  It will be interesting to see what I learn and how I change.  He's a Christian who spent the first 15 years of his career as a pastor.  I told him he doesn't have to keep his Bible closed when we are working together.  Truth is truth, and I'd love to have it straight.

Thankful: I am thankful that everyone went to sleep reasonably well tonight so I could work on the Bishopric items that needed to happen.

Ministering: I sent a thank you note to each of the members of the outgoing Bishopric today, thanking them for their service.  I also sent a sympathy note to the Briggs.

More later…

Today's photo is a tribute to our beautiful flower garden this summer.  It froze on Sunday, and mom and the kids tore it out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment