Thursday, February 18, 2021
9:19 pm
Today was a much better day. We don't have the debit card balancing figured out just yet, but FIS thinks they found a problem on their end that they can fix over the weekend. Hopefully next week this will be fixed. In the meantime I focused on other priorities today.
Nathaniel has a bit of a cold so he didn't sleep well last night. I was up with him a couple times, including "sleeping" on the couch for part of the night. He's still got a runny nose, and Isaac isn't feeling well tonight.
This evening Sis. Winfree came over to do a assess Neil's speech. He has been doing speech at school for most of this year and they feel like he's progressed enough to be "done" with speech. Before agreeing, Julie wanted a second opinion. Since Sis. Winfree is a speech pathologist in the school district, she was a natural choice. Dinner was a little late tonight, so she came over while we were eating. We invited her to join us in our meal while she listened to Neil. She agreed that he has progressed enough to graduate from speech. Hooray!
This evening I went to the viewing for Mike's dad. As I entered the mortuary, there were the sounds of laughter and visiting coming from the room. It felt so good to visit with his family as they celebrate his wonderful life with faith in the atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of the atonement and resurrection.
One thing I learned at the viewing is that the oldest son of Mike's younger sister Liz is serving in the Texas Austin mission, and was recently transferred out of Killeen. I would be surprised if he and Mark didn't overlap. Small world.
Thankful: I am really grateful that today was a better day at work.
Ministering: Visiting with Mike at his dad's viewing was partly a ministering activity. I also indexed a batch of names during lunch for the first time in far too long.
More later…
A little family Sunday worship from the archives.

No comments:
Post a Comment