Wednesday, February 24, 2021

It works!

Dear family,
Don't you love the feeling of working on a problem, and then it finally is resolved?  That was the experience this afternoon with the debit card processing conversion I've been writing about.  But even better than that is knowing that I have a wonderful family to come home to every day.  I love you all!
Dad

Wednesday, February 24, 2021
8:57 pm

Good day!  Everything that needed to happen today at work happened, and things went well.  I was ready for marketing meeting and we prepared for the transition from our current marketing program to the next one to start March 1.  The debit card balancing fiasco got resolved today.  It took about an hour to review and understand how the accounting flows are happening.  I got it to the point where it should balance and was nearly shocked when it worked.  The reconciliation file went from containing nearly 150 entries over the past two weeks to only six items that are timing issues and will clear off tomorrow.  I was so grateful that this is working.  I sent info to a couple colleagues at other CU's that are in a similar boat letting them know that I got things to balance and offering to help them if they need it.

Board meeting this afternoon went really well.  We are still meeting on Zoom, which keeps things focused.  The entire meeting took just under an hour, and everything I wanted to have approved was.  Nice!

Tonight we held YM for the Priests.  Only Spencer and Caleb joined but it was very last-minute.  I'm still trying to get my arms around this. We are planning a menu to feed the Sister Missionaries for a week next month.  Due to COVID they can't eat with us or accept homemade food. So we are going to plan a menu, go shopping, and do the meal prep so they can cook good, homemade food themselves.

Served the family tonight by making a bed, cycling laundry, and reading to the young ones.

More later…

Awesome rolls (and awesome mommy) on Sunday.  As part of our celebration of Lent we do something celebratory on Sunday.  Last week Julie and Abbie made rolls, hiding brightly colored centers in a normal outer.  They were delicious and beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment