Wednesday, February 3, 2021
9:04 pm
Yesterday was a frustrating day at work. As noted in my last entry, we had some networking problems on Monday. We isolated it to a firewall that was going out and replaced the hardware. That solved the problem for a few hours, then our phones started disconnecting. It looked like we were having conflicts with our IP addresses, and by Tuesday it was getting really bad. After spending far too much time on it, we finally realized it had nothing to do with the new firewall; our ISP was having major issues. It was purely coincidence that problem B started almost at the same time Problem A was solved. Oh brother. In hindsight, I should have called Solzorro, our new IT service provider, and turned the problem over to them much earlier. That's what I pay them for, and what they expect to do. But I am not used to having them available, and I really like knowing what's going on. However, when a different question arose later yesterday, I took one look, knew I didn't know the easy answer, and had the employee contact Solzorro directly. Today we didn't have any networking problems at all. Much better day.
Last night we had a financial audit at Church; it went perfectly with no adverse findings. Happy day. Then we had Bishopric meeting, and I was happy with it. We reviewed lots of points from Sunday's Bishop's training meeting with the Stake Presidency. I sure love working with my counselors; they are such good men.
Tonight we had a YM activity via Zoom and played Pictionary. We use the whiteboard functionality to give the kids a turn to draw priesthood-related pictures, then read a scripture or Conference quote about that item. I was happy with how it went and hope the kids had fun.
Spencer wants to go driving tonight. Nathaniel needs a bath. The kitchen still needs to be cleaned and laundry needs to be folded. We'll see which of those things happens tonight, and which get deferred.
Thankful: I'm really thankful the computers are working again the way they should. And I'm thankful my dentist visit this morning found no cavities!
Ministering: I hope the YM activity tonight was an uplifting experience for our young men. I also ministered to my family today by getting a load of laundry in the washer and moved to the dryer, packing lunches, unloading one dishwasher and reloading it, and playing Sleeping Queens with Camilla, all before 7:45 am. "Self, great day!"
More later…
No comments:
Post a Comment