Saturday, February 27, 2021

Happy Birthday Dennis Miller

Dear family,
Life isn't perfect, but it sure is good.  Jessie, I'm glad you made it safely to the Jolley's house in Idaho and hope you're having a great time there.  We look forward to hearing all about your trip tomorrow or Monday.
I hope we all have a wonderful Sabbath day tomorrow!
Love,
Dad

Saturday, February 27, 2021
9:21 pm

Dennis Miller responded to my text on Friday, thanking me for thinking of him and mentioning how much he misses Diane.  I invited him to join us for dinner and we had a very enjoyable time with him last night.  He is someone who always likes to be busy and engaged, so being a retired widower at 74 is tough for him.  He talked about serving a service mission somewhere where he can use his maintenance and general handyman skills to make a difference.  I hope he can find something meaningful to do.  He is such a wonderful man.

Work yesterday was great.  I finished meeting with most of the rest of my employees about staffing changes that we will do in preparation for the Springville branch.  The meetings all went well; everyone is on board with the changes, and two of our graduating tellers have tentatively accepted an offer to stay at the credit union in a full-time position.  I am really happy about that; I think both David and Eliza will do a great job.

Today Jessie drove to Idaho to visit her mission companion Sis. Jolley who returned from Canada and is giving her homecoming talk tomorrow.  I love the fact that she has a reliable car to make the drive, and I know she made it safely because she shared her location with me on Google Maps.  I'm so glad she can have this experience.

Today we got our chores done in the morning.  Spencer and I went for a drive in the afternoon, then David and Lisa and their family came to join us for dinner.  If I hurry, I can get seven hours of sleep before meetings start tomorrow morning.

Birthday celebration for Dennis Miller last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment