Wednesday, February 17, 2021
8:57 pm
Frustrating day. I spent nearly all of it trying to reconcile the debit card settlement account. It worked perfectly before the migration, and we were assured that the settlement would be the same after. I know what should work, but it doesn't. I talked with a colleague at another CU that made the same move a month ago and was discouraged to learn that they still can't get these accounts to balance. I'm really not happy about this.
When I was called as EQP (can't remember which time), I remember thinking something like this: "I am good at administering. Organizing things and keeping track of details is something I'm good at and comfortable doing. But ministering is not one of my strengths. I'm really going to need the Lord's help in this area." Several years later when I was about to be released from that calling, I realized that one of the things I was going to miss most about my calling was the opportunity to minister to the elders and families in my ward.
Thankful: I am so grateful we have good food. Every meal today was delicious. What a blessing.
Ministering: Reyna has been out for the last two days because her son is sick. Stacy was feeling a bit overwhelmed today, so I told her to buy lunch on her corporate card. It's not a huge thing, but she appreciated it.
More later…
Didn't take any photos today, so here's a "good food" photo from this summer. Peach cobbler, golden brown.

No comments:
Post a Comment