Tuesday, February 16, 2021
8:55 pm
Snowy day today. I'm glad that everyone (so far) travelled safely. Worked more on our debit card migration project at work. Over the weekend we discovered some aspects that didn't go as smoothly as hoped. And tomorrow I need to work on balancing. When we were told that everything was supposed to be the same, we were skeptical. That doubt was well placed.
Tonight we had FHE. Julie gave a great lesson on Ash Wednesday and Lent, and we made a paper chain to commemorate the 40 days of Lent with a different attribute we want to focus on for each day. I loved the idea and look forward to a new way to worship Jesus this Easter season.
Andy Hjorth and I made some visits in the ward tonight. It was good to get out and visit people in their homes. I am pretty sure that the most important work we will do as a Bishopric won't be accomplished in the Bishop's office. We met briefly with Casey Molder, met Teighlor Hochstrasser and her two kids (husband was at work), shoveled the driveway for Megan Strassburg and talked with her about her kids, then visited Daniel and Breanna Anderson. She had a stroke just before Christmas but is making a very good recovery. We talked with them about blessing their daughter. They are a good young family, but they haven't been active in Church for many years. It was interesting to me that in previous callings I have felt timid about inviting people to make changes and return to activity. As Bishop, I feel much more confident simply inviting people to make changes and follow Jesus. It is a liberating feeling, and I've enjoyed it.
Thankful: I'm grateful for my good counselors, for good people to visit, and that the Holy Ghost does all the hard work as we seek to minister to others.
Ministering: Tonight was a good ministering night.
More later…
Nathaniel wanted to wear my mask when I got home from visits tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment