Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Donuts and good night

Dear family,
I hope you all had a great day today.  I'm ready to read scriptures and go to sleep!
Love,
Dad

Wednesday, December 9, 2020
9:14 pm

Yesterday was a busy day at work.  I finished the financial statements for November and sent them to the Board.  Also discussed some of the configuration for our video banking service that will launch next month.  No one signed up for tithing settlement yesterday, so we just had Bishopric in the evening.  It was productive and I am happy with what we accomplished. 

Today I worked a lot on a budget for 2021 and a rough financial outlook for the next five years.  Forecasting is always hard, and the additional uncertainty of COVID is making it especially difficult.  I tried several times to get reasonable results and finally got something livable just before leaving.  I need to review and rework those numbers again tomorrow.

I left work a little early today to help the Young Men pass out bags for a food drive this Saturday.  We had a good turnout of Deacons and a couple Teachers.  None of the Priests made it; both my active Priests were working.  They were rewarded with donuts, which they enthusiastically accepted.  Tonight Andy Hjorth and I made a few visits to less active families with youth.  One visit went quite well, one did not.  It was sad – Daniel Condie doesn't believe the doctrines of the Church, but studies the bible deeply.  Unfortunately, he studies so deeply that it seems to me that he can't accept simple doctrines.

Found out today about a ward member who (I think) comes from an active family but is not active herself who suffered a stroke yesterday.  She is only 29 years old with two small children.  Her dad gave me a call this afternoon to let me know and ask us to be ready to help when she comes home.  This will be a good opportunity to reach out and make a difference.

Thankful: I am thankful for warm cars when we need to go places in the cold!

Ministering: I tried to minister to several people today, letting them know that they are known and important.

More later…

I filled mom's van while running an errand this evening.  Using some saved fuel points at Smith's made the experience pretty inexpensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment