Saturday, December 12, 2020
9:21 pm
Happy birthday Randy! I got several projects done today, and that felt really good. Spencer and I started the day helping gather food for the Kiwanis Club food drive. Abbie helped unload at the drop-off spot. She said there was an astonishing amount contributed, and that the folks running it said this was among the most generous responses they had seen. What a blessing to those in need.
We got a couple inches of snow last night, so the kids had fun playing in it while we shoveled the driveway and walks. We enjoyed lunch with Dad, Mom, and Randy to celebrate his birthday. It was pleasant. Then we came home and cleaned things up in preparation for some of Spencer's friends to come spend the afternoon. The house got cleaned and Spencer had fun with his friends. That's a win.
Marie Fisher came over to visit with Julie for a while. I got the kitchen mostly clean while they chatted. We had dinner, dipped pretzels, and did our Christmas devotional. Sadly, we learned tonight that Diane Miller passed away in the last day or two. I don't have Dennis' cell phone number, so I can't reach out to him directly tonight. I'll track him down tomorrow when it's not so late.
Thankful: I'm very thankful for my children. They aren't perfect, but they are good and I love them. It is a privilege to be their father.
Ministering: I reached out to Lupe Rodriguez, my former employee, to wish her a happy birthday today. I also helped with the food drive this morning and had a nice visit with Mike Allman, the previous bishop in the SF 17th Ward.
More later…
Isaac wrote a message in the snow for all to see. Amen, Isaac!



No comments:
Post a Comment