Thursday, December 17, 2020

It's snowing!

Dear family,
I need to deliver a 12-days of Christmas item before it gets any later, so I'll paste and run.
Much love to all,
Dad

Thursday, December 17, 2020
9:36 pm

How is it Thursday already?  How is it a week before Christmas Eve?  How??

Today was another productive day at work.  I tried to help my employees learn new things when they asked me questions.  Suzanne and I put words to a problem we have been trying to identify for a while.  Rather than addressing a specific issue – no insurance on a vehicle loan, a piece of returned mail, a missed loan payment – we need to address the needs of our members.  That will require a shift in how we think about our jobs.  When dealing with any of the single items listed previously, I want all of us – myself included – to take a step back from that specific issue and look at the overall relationship.  How can we use this interaction to positively impact our members' impression of us?  It will take work, but if we do it successfully, we will do a much better job serving our members.

Tonight Reid and I delivered gift cards to some members of the ward who are in need.  It was humbling to distribute the generosity of others in the ward.  It was also good to help orient Reid to who in the ward lives where.  And because it has been snowing since late afternoon, I took Jessie's car – the only one with snow tires.  I remembered how much I like those tires in the snow.

Thankful: I'm thankful I finished writing our Christmas letter today!  It probably won't get to everyone until the week between Christmas and New Years, but they will arrive eventually.

Ministering: As Reid and I delivered the gift cards I learned about some additional needs in the ward that I want to proactively address.  I am thankful for the experiences I have had that are now helping me in my service as Bishop.

More later…
No photos today, so here is one from the archives.  I don't remember what we were preparing to celebrate, but it looks tasty!  And these are some of my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment