Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Poke poke poke...

Dear family,
I feel bad that Mom had to get so many needle-sticks today to check her blood sugar.  Even Bombay House for dinner doesn't make up for that experience.  But hopefully it makes it a little better.  And for those who didn't get stuck, it's a reminder to honor mom! :)
Love,
Dad

Wednesday, December 30, 2020
10:17 pm

I'm not sure how to describe today.  Julie had a three-hour blood sugar test at the doctor today.  Abbie watched the kids while she was gone, and everyone was good for her.  Poor Julie had to have her blood drawn four times, and it took two sticks each time.  Eight sticks – gross.  We'll have her results back on Tuesday.  To thank the kids for being good and to offer condolences to Julie/praise for making it to the end, I got the Bombay House for dinner tonight.  As usual, it was fabulous.

Work today was interesting.  I really struggled this morning to make progress on some marketing I was writing.  I had some good ideas regarding the vision of where I want things to go in the next year, but translating that vision into action is going to be the challenging part.  The afternoon felt much more productive as I worked on some data analysis; that's easier for me to engage with.

We had a meeting with the Young Men advisors and specialists tonight to talk about our vision for the YM program.  We are going to begin holding each quorum meeting separately on Sundays when priesthood meeting is held.  These meetings have been combined for most of this year.

Thankful: I am thankful when the Holy Ghost teaches me things I need to change.  Sometimes that learning process isn't terribly pleasant, but like removing a splinter, I feel so much better after the change.  See D&C 1:24-28.

Ministering: I tried to serve my family today, wished Sister Bird a happy birthday, and had two nice interviews tonight with ward members.

More later…


I didn't take this photo, but love to think about the temple.  It has been nearly a year since I was able to attend the temple.  I haven't gone this long without attending the temple since I was in South Africa.  After doing a couple temple recommend interviews tonight, I feel this absence especially keenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment