Thursday, December 31, 2020
9:51 pm
Ooh, we're only nine minutes away from New York New Years! Then can I go to sleep?
This morning before work I went to the store to get some groceries so Julie wouldn't have to go out. Isaac was awake, so he came with me. It was nice to spend a little time with him. Strawberries were on sale so we got four packages as a special New Year's Eve treat.
I think I got everything done at work that had to be finished to close the year. Unless something unusual happened this afternoon, we will close the year over $50 million in assets for the first time. The next round of COVID stimulus funds arrived today, bringing $700k of additional deposits. Assets have grown this year by 20%, and deposits by 24%. That kind of growth is unheard of. If we could only keep loans growing similarly, we'd be in good shape.
This evening David, Lisa and their kids came down to visit. We had spaghetti for dinner then played the "cootie snowman" game, ending up with some funny looking snowmen. Abbie made us zucchini ginger cupcakes with ginger cream cheese icing. They were very good. Then we watched David light some fireworks to celebrate the new year. After the pyrotechnics, the Woodwards left and we headed for bed.
Thankful: Spencer and I played some ping pong on a folding table this afternoon, and it was lots of fun. We played a "best of five" series, and he beat me by 2 points on game 5. I'm glad when we do fun things together.
Ministering: I spent some time on the phone this afternoon counseling with a ward member.
More later…
Snowman art in process.

No comments:
Post a Comment