Wednesday, December 16, 2020
9:41 pm
Thankful and Ministering: I need to start with this today, because I felt humbled and grateful for the kindness and generosity of others. I witnessed a miracle today through another person listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
As we are nearing Christmas, several ward members have contacted me wanting to help provide Christmas for families in the ward who are in need. Last night in Bishopric meeting we identified five families that we thought could use additional help. This morning I reached out to the individuals who wanted to help, and they all were so gracious. The five families we identified will receive generous help from anonymous friends in the ward.
Late this afternoon I received a call from Pres. Kent. A non-member who lives in our ward boundaries is dealing with some mental health challenges. His power was disconnected today and he had no food in the house. A police officer helped him get some food from a local food pantry, and somehow he made the connection with Pres. Kent. He and I agreed to meet at his house this afternoon to see how we can help.
On my way to that appointment, I stopped at the house of one of the anonymous Christmas helpers. As she was giving me the gift cards for the five families, she told me, "There's one extra in there because there's another family in our ward who needs help. I don't know who it is, but there's one more." I had to blink back the tears as I told her that I was on my way to the home of someone that I did not know needed the help when we talked this morning, but God did, and he had used her to provide for this man. She was touched, saying, "That never happens to me." She had heard the Holy Ghost and acted. Lives are blessed. I love being involved in God's miracles.
In other news, work today was good. Tonight we went to the art museum to listen to Abbie play with the orchestra as chamber music to add to the experience at the museum. Spencer joined in a duet with Abbie. It sounded really nice. I enjoyed the time there, walking with Nathaniel. Then Spencer and I went driving.
More later…
Abbie and Spencer playing



No comments:
Post a Comment