No journal entry last night because it was far too late when I got in bed. After some regular morning stuff yesterday we decided to replace the ceiling fan in the front room and install one in Abbie's room. Abbie's room needed a new outlet box and support installed which meant crawling in the rafters. Suggestion: don't do that at 2:30 in the afternoon on a hot summer day. It was 90+ degrees outside and significantly hotter than that in the attic. With Mark's help we got it done. Abbie's fan doesn't even wobble a little, even at high speed. We also replaced the one in the front room, and it makes quite a difference. Julie likes how the new one looks lots better, so I love it. 😊
Today was a nice day. I started with High Council meeting then attended the Fourth ward. One of the speakers (Craig Boorman) said something that caught my attention – Faith is the opposite of fear. I pondered on that. We often think faith is the opposite of doubt, but I think belief is a more accurate opposite to doubt. Faith is different than belief. If we accept that faith is the opposite of fear, then two scriptures come to mind: "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30) and "Perfect love casteth out all fear" (1 John 4:18). I want to ponder more on these ideas.
After we had the sacrament Dad, Mom and Randy came over for a scripture activity. I divided this week's Come, Follow Me lesson into six stories, then divided everyone into six groups. We told the story in order from Ammon meeting King Lamoni until Aaron teaches King Lamoni's father. Each group was supposed to take only a minute or two to enact their story. The first group chose a prop; the second group used the prop from the first group plus one they chose; the third group used both props from before and added one of their own; and so on. Camilla and I were the last group, so we had six props to use. We videoed each one and Spencer is going to use Adobe Premier this week to compile them into one video that we will all watch next Sunday. It was very fun to do together, and it was nice to talk together afterward about we learned this week in our studies.
After dinner (which was amazing, by the way) we took a family walk to drop off a few orange rolls to the Chun's. Their daughter Andilyn had another surgery and is not sleeping well. Tami is 8 ¾ months pregnant so between Andilyn's surgery and Tami's pregnancy, they're pretty much self-isolating 100% to avoid COVID-19.
I fasted today for Jessie, as well as for several other people I know who are struggling. It feels good to do that. I am working to develop the faith that Mosiah had in Alma 19:23 and trust my children to the Lord. I also feel an increased commitment to keep my covenants with greater purpose.
Thankful: I am thankful for the Sabbath Day. Even when there are lots of meetings (which hasn't happened much these last few months) the Sabbath is a restful day. I love setting aside my work concerns and house projects, and focusing on being reverent and worshipping God. I don't do it perfectly, but it is nice.
Ministering: We ministered to the Chun's tonight with our orange rolls. I have a few emails to send regarding my calling to minister that way before sleep.
More later…
King Lamoni's father is lying unresponsive on the ottoman, and the King's wife is NOT happy about that. I think poor Aaron is in trouble.



No comments:
Post a Comment