Wednesday, June 17, 2020

It's June 17

Dear Sister Payne and Elder Payne,
I couldn't think up a very good subject line for this email.  Jessie, I sure enjoyed visiting with you this afternoon. It was a nice change to have some one-on-one time.  Mom and the kids were hiking in Rock Canyon. Everyone was safe and had a fun time.  Next week I'll let them talk more, but today was nice.  I love you lots!
Love,
Dad

Good day.  I met with a couple of my employees to discuss their career development goals.  At this point I'm trying to do a lot of listening.  Later I may do more talking and encourage (require?) more.  Nothing is certain at this point.

Marketing meeting today went well.  I also participated in a webinar discussing Bank Secrecy Act requirements. Usually these webinars are incredibly tedious, but today's was actually quite good.  I was pleased by that, and was also happy that there was an avenue to give feedback and let them know that it was good.  Unexpected bonus!

Tonight we didn't touch the chicken coop.  We are so close to being finished.  Why does that last 3% take so long?  Maybe tomorrow.

Thankful: I'm thankful for a good day today. I'm thankful that I figured out how to use a software program more effectively to help me take notes for future use.  And I'm thankful that I was able to stay alert today after not sleeping very well last night.  I woke up to take one of the kids to the bathroom, then stayed awake for an hour thinking about things that don't matter and aren't even real.  It was odd.

Ministering: Today I felt like I ministered to my employees.  

More later…

Game time!

No comments:

Post a Comment