Friday, June 26, 2020

Sleeping time

Dear Sister Payne,
This will be a short message because I'm about to fall asleep in my chair.  I love you lots and hope you have a good day!
Love,
Dad

Oh, I'm tired.  Work was good, got quite a bit done.  Lunch was delicious.  I worked today on some geography bee questions for the family and need to do a better job at creating questions consistently.  I worked on memorizing Alma 19:23.  I am dismayed at how much work it is for me to memorize.  I don't think it used to be this hard.

After dinner we played outside together.  The kids all jumped rope and had a lot of fun doing that.  Nathaniel is getting better at sitting up and discovered he can make a spitting noise as if he were playing a trombone.  Mark is so proud of him.

Thankful: I'm thankful for laundry soap.  That sounds funny, but it's true.  My face mask was starting to smell unpleasant, so I hand washed it this morning.  Now it smells quite good.  I'm going to wash it more often!

Ministering: On Wednesday the Association had our annual business meeting.  I reflected on the good people I get to work with and felt grateful for the opportunity to associate with them.  So I sent an email to all my fellow Board members and the Association staff and thanked them for the good work they do and the things I learn from them.  I think people always like being thanked, and I am trying to remember to express my thanks more often.

More later…


Loved this post Mom put on Instagram.  (And check out the beautiful flowers in the barrels!)


No comments:

Post a Comment