Today was Board meeting, and I was really happy with how it went. I also met with Suzanne to discuss her career development. She has some good ideas and wants to continue to develop her skills. It was a refreshing visit. She also brought me up to speed on some challenges some of our other employees are struggling with. Truly, life can be tough.
Right after work I joined with a bunch of other members of my quorum to help Bran Nusink haul hay from his field and stack it in the barn. Julie suggested I wear a face mask to limit the amount of hay dust I inhale. It was a brilliant idea – I was much less bothered by hay than I normally am. And with a dozen helpers, it took less than an hour to take care of the entire field.
Tonight Julie went on a walk with some of the girls and Anise. I stayed home with Emma who was having a rough night. We got PJ's on and read a couple stories together. At 8:00 pm I went outside to play baseball with the boys for 30 minutes. We had a bit of sadness when everyone was hungry and there was some disagreement over what was appropriate to eat for a bedtime snack, but we finally got everyone in bed.
Mark found out today that this Saturday is his last day in the MTC. They have an influx of missionaries and not enough teachers, so they have to cut classes short. Wow.
Thankful for Ministering: These two items go together tonight. I'm grateful I could help Brad with his hay. I'm grateful for all the other good men who were there to help too. Several of the men brought their sons, helping them now to learn to find joy in serving others. I think that's a key to the hope and healing our world needs. It made me feel happy.
More later…
All done and on our way back home. (Too bad I didn't think to take a picture of the stacked hay or the empty field or something a little more photogenic!)

No comments:
Post a Comment