Should be in bed. Long, busy day. Started with chores in the kitchen and worked on some laundry. Changed oil in the mower. Had some lunch, then went out to "finish the chicken coop." Shouldn't take more than two hours, right? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. We finally quit at 10:00 pm and it's still not done. Got to make another trip to the hardware store, discovered that the lumber yard closes earlier. Fortunately they had pity on me and let me get a single 2x4. Got a nasty splinter buried deep in my thumb, had to dig that out. We should finish on Monday. Or we're eating chicken stew for dinner that night.
Art City Days was cancelled this year, but the fireworks were tonight. It was a great show. We watched it from the deck as we do every year. So nice – great view, no traffic. The kids were even in bed before the show started and they got to come down to see it.
Forgot to mention yesterday that I went to the dermatologist on Friday. The spot they checked a couple weeks ago was basal cell carcinoma, so they cut more of it out. Their numbing stuff is amazing. It never does hurt.
Thankful: Family. We had lots of good helpers with the chicken palace and weeding the garden.
Ministering: On my way out of the hardware store I complimented a biker on his motorcycle. He seemed genuinely pleased. And it was a very nice bike. I also talked to all of my ministering families today. Maybe that makes up for my "Phooey" Thursday.
More later…
Knee art. If you want more of the story, you'll have to ask Mark. But I'm not sure I recommend that...

No comments:
Post a Comment