Poor Spencer has his first migraine. I think the first one is the worst because you don't know what it feels like when it's coming on, so you can't do anything to mitigate it. Mark and I both know what they feel like and will take ibuprofen and caffeine and lie down as soon as we can. They're still awful, but better. I wonder why we are suddenly prone to migraines?? We never had these before mine a few years ago. Since then I've had three or four more. Mark got his first one six months or so after I had mine, and now Spencer has one at 14 years old. I don't like this.
Today is our twenty-second anniversary. Can't believe that 22 years ago two young kids got married, feeling mature and ready to start a family. Looking back, I don't really feel all that different now than I did then. So maybe we really were ready to start a family. Or maybe now we're still not ready, we've just gotten good at faking it! 😊 I bought Julie some flowers to celebrate our anniversary. Unfortunately, Spencer's migraine derailed all the rest of our plans. Maybe we'll celebrate in few days.
After dinner (leftovers) I went on a scooter ride with the little girls. We went to the flat cemetery. On the way home Camilla came down the hill by the Van Horns and lost control. Fortunately her crash was very controlled and she only got a small cut on one toe. I was yelling to her from behind to crash onto the Bird's grass, but she couldn't/wouldn't. I'm grateful for small miracles.
Eliza at work let us know today that a friend she went camping with over the weekend has tested positive for the coronavirus, so now we have another employee in isolation. I'm glad we've closed our lobby, and everyone in the office is much more committed to wearing masks. None of us wants to share anything if we are unknowingly infected. Today is the last day of the month; I am eager to work on closing the GL and see how our numbers look. Loans are up over $700k for the month because of our work on mortgage loans. Interest rates are way down, so even with the mortgage activity, income may still be lower.
Today was primary election day for the Republican party in Utah. Because the Republican is almost certainly going to win the general election in November, today's votes really count. Fortunately, I like both frontrunners in the Governor's race (Spencer Cox and John Huntsman). It was difficult to decide which one to vote for. I will be happy as long as one of those two win. Most of the other races were also choices between two candidates I was comfortable with. The general election in November will be much tougher. That is a discussion for another day.
Thankful: I am thankful for two items related to current events. First, I am thankful to live in a free country where we can vote for those who will lead us. I am grateful for the peaceful transition of power. Second, I am thankful I can turn the news OFF when it gets too irritating. When that happens, I pray for the Second Coming! 😊
Ministering: Tonight I ministered to Spencer. I shared a Vanilla Coke with him. He thanked me by sipping a little of it, then throwing it back up. Humph. If he was just going to throw it back up, I should have given him Mountain Dew! He's sleeping, which is a good thing. He'll probably still be really tired tomorrow.
More later…
Evidence that I voted today.

No comments:
Post a Comment