Monday, November 2, 2020
8:58 pm
I spent the morning working on some administrative stuff. Updated the LED reader board on our building and rewrote the statement notification email letting people know what needs to happen since our lobby is closed again. Aspen has been out of work for a few days. Several members of her family tested positive for COVID, and she was afraid she was exhibiting symptoms, so she got tested and has been self-quarantining. Tomorrow I have three people in a training class, so we spent a fair amount of time today getting things configured so she could answer phones from home if her results still weren't back by tomorrow. Naturally, just as I finished getting everything configured and working, she got the negative results. Hooray! It will be good to have her back in time to help cover tomorrow.
Suzanne and I took a field trip to see some software in action at Pacific Horizon Credit Union. We are considering purchasing cash recyclers and wanted to see how the machines interact with our core software. We weren't impressed, but we couldn't tell if it was the software we weren't impressed with, or the way they used it. Their operation is totally different than ours.
Tonight I was in charge of treats for FHE. Since Julie doesn't like sweets in the evening, I decided to go savory and bought some samosas from Bombay House. I ended up serving them for dinner, and she liked them a lot. They're not terribly expensive either, so I may pick them up every few days to treat her.
Thankful: I am thankful for apostles. Next month the Springville area will have the opportunity to hear from Elder Gong. There will be a leadership training meeting for three hours in the morning, and the youth are invited to join from 1:00 pm until 2:00 pm. I joined one of these meetings with Elder Bednar several years ago when I was EQP. It will be nice to do another one in my new calling.
Ministering: I wrote an email to the youth in our ward explaining the upcoming opportunity with Elder Gong, inviting them to submit a question for him to answer.
More later…
FHE activity tonight was Minute to Win It with Ritz crackers. I won! (But don't tell Camilla.)

No comments:
Post a Comment