Saturday, November 14, 2020

New lights!

Dear family,
A highlight of today was getting the last of the new porch lights installed at the back of the house.  Did you see what I did there?  Channeled my inner Grandpa Fry, that's what!  Ha ha ha ha!
Love to all,
Dad

Saturday, November 14, 2020
9:43 pm

The kids had fun with Ella and Annie today, even if at the end of the day when it was past bedtime and they were totally exhausted they couldn't remember doing anything fun with them.  David taught the boys how guns work.  It's amazing how different people have different interests.  I have absolutely no interest in guns, and David loves them.  Julie helped the girls do a craft project, then we had mac and cheese for lunch.

After David and his girls left I put up the remaining three porch lights at the back of the house.  It went a little faster than the four in the front, but it was lots colder.  I like how the house looks with the lights on.

Thankful: I am at peace in the world and in following the counsel of Church leaders.  I know of many wonderful people whom I love and admire that are really struggling with the different responses to the pandemic.  Some bristle at government mandates.  Others struggle with Church leaders limiting attendance at meetings and encouraging mask-wearing.  Through it all, I see Pres. Nelson calmly, confidently, and optimistically looking to the future.  I love and sustain the Prophet and am grateful to draw strength and peace from him.

Ministering: I visited this afternoon with Ryan Watkins, my new Ward Clerk, to review his responsibilities and how I envision using him to carry out our responsibilities.  I'm not sure if I ministered to him or he to me, but I am grateful for his willingness to accept this calling and look forward to working with him.

More later...

The view of the new lights at the back of the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment