Friday, November 6, 2020
9:12 pm
Up this morning before 6:00 to rock Nathaniel back to sleep. Read scriptures while he fell back asleep, then moved on to morning stuff. Abbie is in quarantine again because someone she sits near at school tested positive for Covid.
Work today was quite productive. I got lots done on a bunch of projects that kept getting put off. These are things that are probably important, but they have little direct impact on our members, so they are harder to get motivated to do. No member has ever thanked me for the great job I did on our network security, or how well our policies and procedures are written. I'd much rather find ways to help members directly. Oh well.
Julie felt gross this afternoon, so I picked up pizza on the way home. So glad she has a favorite food while she's pregnant! Tonight the boys went to play with some neighbors after dark, and Emma and Camilla listened to an audio recording of The Wild Robot. Emma especially loves that book.
Tonight Mark called home for a visit. He was so excited to report that Susie, a friend they have been teaching, accepted the invitation to be baptized. Her baptism is scheduled for December 5. What an exciting opportunity for him and his new companion. I am really happy for them, and for Susie.
Thankful: I got a nice text from a sister in the ward that I had a difficult interview with. I'm glad she is not bitter, and hope I can help her draw closer to Jesus Christ and strengthen her conversion to his gospel.
Ministering: I'm working on some welfare needs for a couple families in the ward.
More later…
Nathaniel has learned to blow bubbles.

No comments:
Post a Comment