Monday, November 16, 2020

Curry cups

Dear family,
Sometimes being a dad is just funny, like tonight's dinner.  Enjoy the photo below.  And please remember how much I love each of you.
Dad

Monday, November 16, 2020
8:58 pm

I nearly fell asleep praying with Isaac and again reading scriptures.  Quick entry tonight.  I finished getting ready for tomorrow's Board meeting.  Had a nice visit with Mark this afternoon.  I worked on several other things this afternoon that needed to be done, but none of them felt terribly productive.

Tonight we had curry for dinner.  It's not Neil's "favorite" and he complained about having to set the table.  I offered to give him a small bowl to eat dinner, then he could choose something he preferred.  He happily agreed to that, as did Emma and Camilla.  I got them each the tiny bowls from the cupboard and they thought it was great.  And even though they were surprised by how much curry can fit in a teeny bowl, they ate everything without complaining.  Those bowls may make more frequent appearances at our dinner table.

FHE tonight was nice.  Julie did a lesson on Naaman and the blessing of choosing obedience.  She had props and made assignments, and we acted out the story while she read it from the scriptures.  I had fun being Naaman and gesturing with much animation.  Abbie asked me why I didn't go into theater.  We all had a fun time.

Thankful: I am thankful for FHE and the opportunity to do something intentional and worshipful in a lighthearted way each week.  Even when it isn't perfect, we can follow the Prophet and claim blessings from God.



No comments:

Post a Comment