Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Guess who's walking...

Dear family,
I promised Mom I'd be asleep by 10:45.  That's in 3 minutes, so I love you and good night!
Love,
Dad

Wednesday, November 4, 2020
10:33 pm

Late.  I have to write fast or I'll get in trouble.

Last couple of days have been intense as Bishop with some issues to deal with.  It has been humbling as I have recognized the mantle of the Bishop come upon me.  Ideas have come, words have been given to me, and I have given many blessings of counsel and comfort.  The Lord doesn't seem to care how new I am as a Bishop.  I don't need any tenure to be guided. And I thank God for that.

It's not all hard stuff.  Tonight I got to give a temple recommend interview for a new member of the ward who is getting married in 2 ½ weeks.  He is a bright, worthy, excellent young man.  It was so nice to interview him and sign a recommend to enter the temple to receive this wonderful ordinance.

Work is busy.  Stacy is quarantined starting tomorrow for being exposed to someone who tested positive.  Continuing to grow a lot, nearly $49 million in assets.  Delinquency is low, and I'm working on projects.

Tonight Nathaniel took his first three steps to me.  Julie was mock-upset that he is walking.  What a joy he is.  Gave him a bath tonight and he loved splashing.

Put in a light in the barn so the chickens will have enough light to keep laying eggs over the winter.

Thankful: I'm thankful for the Lord's support in my calling, that I can get to work late or leave early occasionally as needed, and for the support and patience of my family.

Ministering: Lots, but the details don't need to be recorded here.

More later…

I really liked this quote from Mark's calendar.


Bathtime = splash time

No comments:

Post a Comment