Today was a much better day. Thank goodness! I have started listening to a conference talk in Spanish first thing in the morning while I do a little light stretching and exercise for ten minutes or so. It's not much, but it feels good.
The final empathy webinar was today and what do you know – they taught more principles in harmony with the gospel. Funny how the gospel has the answers for nearly every problem.
I finished preparing the financial statements for April. This was our first full month experiencing the economic brunt of the pandemic, and overall it wasn't too bad. Our lobby was closed for the entire month and honestly, people really don't need to come in very much. Between the drive up and technology, we can meet most needs without coming into the office. It is going to be very interesting to see how life is permanently changed as a result of this experience.
In the afternoon my lending team joined a webinar with suggestions on how to improve our lending operations during and after this pandemic. The presenter was right on when he said, "there is no silver bullet." He's right – we didn't learn anything revolutionary, but we did come up with several incremental ideas that I think will really help us. We need to transition from being "order takers" to providing solutions in a consultative role. That will require a mind shift, but it can be done. It has to be done.
Julie and the kids got the flowers planted in the front flower bed, and it looks wonderful. I really hope these flowers grow well. If they do, it will look beautiful.
Thankful: I'm thankful for agency and the power that gives us to choose how we will respond to circumstances. I am responsible for my response. I am grateful for that knowledge.
Ministering: I tickled the little girls into bed tonight and enjoyed reading a bedtime story to the younger kids after reading scriptures. I remember my mom reading to us after we got in bed, and I enjoy doing that with my kids too.
More later…
This is what happens when Mom picks out her own Mother's Day gifts! 😂


No comments:
Post a Comment