Mark's p-day! He came to my office to do his personal study in the morning, planning to meet up with his companion from Logan around lunchtime. Unfortunately, the comp couldn't make it down, so Mark spent most of the day at my office… alone. Fortunately he had lots of studying he wanted to do, so he used his time well. Julie and the kids picked him up about 3:00 and they went on a hike up Rock Canyon together. I hope he had a good day.
I think I used today well at work, but it didn't feel like I made as much progress as I have other days. Fortunately there are two more days in the week.
We had a really nice visit with Jessie today, and also got to meet her comp Sis. Jolley. They seem like they get along very well and are having as much fun as they can during the COVID-induced changes to missionary work.
I hit the grocery store on my way home and picked up some groceries, including country-style ribs for Monday's Memorial Day cookout. Dad and Mom are redoing their landscaping and the fence is currently torn down. They don't want to endanger any grandkids, so we're moving the feast to our house.
Before dinner we weeded the garden. When you get that many people in the garden, we can get an hour's worth of weeding done in just 10 minutes. Score! After dinner we had a game going in one room while the little kids watched some of Mary Poppins.
Thankful: I'm thankful for gifts of the Spirit. I have started listening to Conference talks in the morning while I do a light workout. It is an uplifting way to start the day. Today I felt the confirmation that although I don't know everything, I know enough. I want to share with others the things I know about God because I love God and I love my brothers and sisters.
Ministering: I tried to be kind to everyone with whom I interacted today. I think that's going to have to count, because I didn't do much more.
More later…
Here is the photo of our patriotic t-shirts that we posted on Facebook. This post has gotten more likes than any in a long time, and the drive-thru was busier than it has been in weeks. I think that's a good thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment