Thursday, May 14, 2020

Shirts!

Dear Sister and Elder Payne,
Here is a note and photo.  I love you both!
Love,
Dad

How did it get to be Thursday already??  I finished getting ready for Board meeting before lunch, and we met by Zoom.  To be honest, I prefer holding Board meeting via Zoom because there are no distractions and I can keep everyone's attention focused exactly where I want it as I share my screen with them.  I find it really effective.  If we end up back in restaurants in the next couple of months, I'm going to see about getting a hotspot so that I can still share my screen.

This year's t-shirts arrived today, and they look great.  I'm really happy with them.  We are all wearing them to work tomorrow, and we will start distributing them.  We also decided that our annual meeting will be virtual this year, and our pancake breakfast will be cancelled.

Julie worked really hard with the kids at the house today, and it looks good.  I need to increase my focus on the yard, because our lawn looks terrible.  Neil, Mark and I played Red 7 this evening before bed.  I read more of The Enormous Egg to the kids as a bedtime story.

Thankful: I am thankful for the feeling when a something important goes well.  There were lots of items on the Board agenda today, and I spent more time than usual getting ready for it.  I wanted to have everything organized well to make it easy to understand what I was talking about and what I wanted to have approved.  It worked, and I feel really good about that.

Ministering: Hmm.  I asked Sue about the root canal she had a week ago.  That's probably about it.  Not a very impressive ministering day.  I'll have to do better tomorrow.

More later…


I really like this year's shirt...


No comments:

Post a Comment