Too late to start writing in my journal, but here we are. After FHE Abbie and I went to Payson to pick up hay for the goats. We took dad's truck and got nine bales. That should feed the hay-burners until school starts again. (Assuming the kids can go back to school in the fall.)
Work today was busy. First day with the lobby re-opened and it was the day after a three-day weekend. Perfect combination to be extra busy. Identified a couple unpleasant situations that we need to resolve. Had a direct conversation with one of our vendors who also happens to be our least favorite vendor. As soon as our existing contract expires we are planning to leave if they don't make dramatic improvements in the next twelve months. Had a couple meetings about our Springville branch. Things are lining up to begin making faster progress, I think. Also need to make some important decisions regarding what to do with several million dollars that is basically sitting idle in our overnight account.
Checked out the garden after work. All the watering is working perfectly, including the strawberries Isaac and I planted yesterday. They look healthy and happy. Fingers crossed they stay that way. Everything else is also looking good, but we need to pull some weeds soon.
Thankful: I'm thankful I am not a rancher! Moving the hay with Abbie left me sneezing and blowing my nose for the rest of the night. I now understand where the term "hay fever" came from, as apparently I have it!
Ministering: Today's ministering entry is going to be from last night. Bob Trevenen called me about 9:30 and asked if I could help him give a blessing to Brad Nusink. He's been dealing with some vertigo and exhibited possible signs of a mild stroke. We gave him a blessing and visited for a while. Today he went to the doctor and they diagnosed a small aneurysm in his brain that explains the problems. I don't think it's terribly critical, but I don't have more info at this point. It was nice to help with that. For years as a member of the Bishopric and then as EQP that type of opportunity was a regular occurrence. I am grateful that in God's restored Church you don't have to hold a formal leadership position to be able to give blessings and be a force for good.
More later…
Abbie and Spencer showing off their water bottles, hoping to get a funny reaction from people who see them.

No comments:
Post a Comment