Saturday, May 16, 2020

Stinky bug killer and lots more

Hi Sister and Elder Payne,
I hit send on last night's email just in time.  The battery died less than a minute after I sent it!  I hope you had a great day today and that your sabbath tomorrow is delightful.
Love,
Dad

Super busy day today.  Put 1.5 gallons of Roundup on weeds all over the yard.  If it works as advertised, we should see wilting weeds tomorrow.  But it wasn't hot today, so it might not work too fast.  I just hope it works!  Also used the string trimmer to edge the lawn.  Worked on sprinklers both in the flower bed to address some dry spots and started getting the vegetable garden ready.  Went to two different stores to get parts, neither one had what I needed.  Also put malathion (bug killer) on the flower beds.  Holy cow, that stuff STINKS!  I wasn't wearing gloves, and now my hands smell like it.  I've washed them half-a-dozen times, used sanitizer, and finally resorted to washing them in baking soda and lemon juice.  Now they smell like a sanitized bug-free lemon.

This morning I played Cover Your Assets with the younger kids.  It was fun.  I also enjoyed visiting with the Hjorths through the fence a bit as we both worked on yard projects.

Isaac hated the pineapple-veggie stir fry Julie made for lunch today.  It was a bit spicy, but I thought it was tasty.  Neil likewise despised the beefed-up biscuits we had for dinner.  Dealing with picky eaters got really old today.  Emma and Camilla spent much of the afternoon at Grandpa and Grandma's, and were invited back for dinner.

Thankful: I'm glad we have a nice house to live in, and that we can take care of our yard.  Fingers crossed that the TLC and chemicals we are feeding it will make it look better.

Ministering: We ministered to the Bates today.  Julie and the kids visited for a bit while they were taking a break from their yard work.  I shared some sprinkler parts they needed and which Val Anderson left in a box when we bought this house and have been sitting around for the last eight years.  Late this afternoons Spencer saw Rachel out working in the yard and went over to help pull weeds.  I thought that was really awesome.

I'm going to go join scripture study with the big kids and Julie downstairs.  More later…

Isaac "enjoying" his lunch.


Neil after choking down his dinner.


Mark read to the kids tonight.


Spencer helping Rachel Bates in her yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment